Friday, April 3, 2009

Will it ever warm up??????




Snow mixed with rain again this morning! Come on, it's April for crying out loud!!!!!!!!!!!

Linkoln, my brand new grandbaby, had to spend a couple days in ICU because of a little fever and blood tests but they are all home now, getting settled in. I will go visit in a couple days. Hopefully, I'll remember my camera.I'm so blown away by how society has progressed when it comes to having babies. Everything is done in one birthing room and there can be as many people in that room as the mother is comfortable with. There were about 6 to 8 people in the room when my grandson was being born. I was standing on the sofa next to the bed, poised to get the shot of the minute the baby was born and placed on mom's tummy. I never got that shot because Leslie had to have a C-section at the very end and she was taken to an operating room where only 2 family members were allowed and I wasn't one of them. Which is okay but I missed that photo op that I wanted so badly. And, pain control, oh-my-gosh! No pain!!!! Having a baby is hard work and certainly no picnic but I had no idea how far we've come when it comes to labor pain control. I spent the entire 30 hours my daugter-in-law was in labor in the room with her and other family members and I have to say I was not bored one second. I was facinated by the entire process.

Boy, I've spent many hours the last couple weeks working on encased floral beads. Lots and lots of color and shape experimenting. I really enjoy all that but eventually I have to produce the beads that sell to allow me to do all the experimenting in the first place. I wouldn't be able to do any of that if it wasn't for my many fantastic customers. Thanks you guys!!!!

No comments: