Sunday, September 6, 2009

It can't be over yet!


Labor Day weekend marks the end of summer in my eyes. It's been an amazing summer. We had some fantastic weather, we had some fun times, and we accomplished lots of special projects. But I'm not ready for the summer to be over. I'm not ready for rain and gray skies. So I'm hoping for a nice, warm, Indian summer.

Today it's pouring rain so I've been inside doing paperwork and I finished up a necklace that I've been working on the last few days. I sculpted a bunch of hearts from paperclay some time ago for a project that has yet to see the light of day. I drilled a couple holes in one of the hearts and painted it in some bright colors and turned it into a necklace. Czech glass oval shaped beads in matte black are wire-wrapped in sterling wire to form the chain for this really bright, happy, heart focal. A few dangles here and there and this piece is a show stopper!

I've also decided to clean out my bead box and offer up a huge collection of great beads for Ebay auction. There will be about 173 beads in all. Huge focal beads, including a couple of my floral cube shaped beads, entire sets of beads, small cubes, encased florals, buttons, discs, hearts, you name it! I'll be starting this auction Monday evening at 7 pm, (Pacific). Be sure to check it out. It's a designer's dream auction! I'll add a link when the auction starts.

Hubby and I are on our way to dinner and a movie. We are seeing "Julie & Julia". Have a great long weekend!

Oh, and I just purchased tickets for Norm and I to see "Wicked" at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle later this month. Can't wait!

No comments: