Friday, October 16, 2009

Bokomo Commotion


I've been working on a very specially "engineered" necklace this week. I say engineered because it took awhle to figure out the design strategy. A tad bit tricky but I think it turned out fantastic! This is a OOAK, (one-of-a-kind), piece so if you like it snatch it up now because I won't be making another just like this.


The glass lampwork cone pendant, turned upside-down from the way I usually design, is wired from the inside to chain links that fall from an unusual glass pendant bail. This unique, hot orange bail, has a glass loop attached to hold all the beads that form the riotously colored dangles. Bits of sky blue silk cord, strung with colorful seed beads, are tied to the chain links also, here and there, and really add to the sense of fun. The heavier gauge sterling wire that holds the cone pendant and the small orange bottom bead together is hand forged and formed into a lovely little spiral at the end. The pendant hangs from chunky 4mm rolo chain. The necklace has a spring ring closure, is 17 inches in length with 2 inch extender.


This piece was so much fun to create and I hope it brightens your day a bit. You may see "Bokomo Commotion" in my Etsy store soon but just for a short time.

No comments: