Thursday, February 11, 2010

Trip to Seattle


As promised one of two bracelets I had hoped to have finished this week. A remake of an old favorite. You may remember the original as "Ojime and Me". I used a Japenese carved bone bead, a jumping bunny rabbit, as a dangle. I decided to use a lampwork teardrop this time instead. Hope you like it.

I took Shannon and her boyfriend, Earl, to Seattle yesterday afternoon for some medical appointments. It's interesting to go to downtown Seattle. The city is big, exciting, and a little intimidating if you're not used to the freeways and crowded side streets. Especially in the Magnolia, hospital area. There are several huge hospital complexes grouped together with many different buildings. Harborview, Swedish, and Virginia Mason are three different hospitals that I know of and there may be more. Anyway, all these hospitals have multiple buildings in and of themselves. Our appointment was at Virginia Mason. We had an address and that was all. We didn't know which building we needed to be in, which entrace, which floor or dept. We found a parking garage right away, (there are many of these too), and as soon as we entered this multi-floor, cram packed garage, a car pulled out right in front of us and we grabbed the spot. After carefully noting the parking slot number and floor number in ink on the palm of my hand, we walked across the street to one of Virginial Mason's many buildings and entered the first door we came to. A door that looked the same as all the other doors in all of the hospital's many buildings. We found a reception desk as soon as we entered and lo and behold....we were in the exact spot that we needed to be. I think our angels were following us around all day. Everything seemed to work out just like it was supposed to. We were home in time for dinner, cooked by my wonderful husband............. Perfect. We have to go back today. I hope the angels are still present.

3 comments:

citadela said...

I also hope ...

Campbell Jane said...

*daydreaming* I love Seattle. I love to be wearing this bracelet in Seattle today. I'd go by Pike's & pick up some crab, butter & a big french bread for supper. I'd carry the loaf w/ the hand the bracelet is on so everyone would drool over my bracelet and dinner! hahaha

Hannahh. said...

I love this so much! It's adorable.
I am now following your blog
x