Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Watercolor floral buttons


This is the second day of a low carb diet for me and aside from the sugar withdrawal headache I'm doing pretty well. The winter weight I've gained has got to come off. Only a few short weeks till spring and I really want to be able fit into my summer clothes. A low carb diet is the only thing that has worked for me as far as diets go because it fits my lifestyle. Many years ago I lost over 40 pounds on this diet. It has all come back as I've gotten older of course and I really don't care that much about the weight number anymore, I just want to be comfortable, healthy, and I want my clothes to fit. I move around enough in the warmer months that I'm able to keep those extra pounds at bay but the winter is a different story. I'm like a bear in hibernation. And I'm also addicted to sugar. I stuff my face with sweets in the dark cold months for both comfort and energy. On a low carb diet once I stop eating sugar the craving goes completely away and I can eat just about all the other foods I love and not have to worry too much about the fat.  I do cut down on fat substantially but it's not like some of the other low calorie diets I've been on where you have to cut out almost all of the fat. THAT just doesn't work for me!
It's chilly outside but I think a walk is in order....



No comments: